Our intern for this week is Lucia Obodo, a proactive Management Information Systems graduate versatile in both fields of Management and IT who managed to secure herself a job right after her internships.
- What school did you finish from? Course of study?
Finished from Covenant University, studied Management Information systems.
- What organization did you intern with and what was your job description?
My last internship was with Visagranted Nigeria, there was also another internship right before it which was Ethan&Harriet . I worked as a Personal Assistant (doubled up as a business developer) at both jobs.
- Why did you decide to take on the internship and what were your expectations?
Basically, I engaged in the internships because I was in search of work experience which directly gives some boost to one’s CV as It is known that future employers give some level of preference to a prospective employee who has been a bit immersed in the work force before joining their organization. My internship expectation was basically to learn.
- Did the internship meet up with your expectations?
I did learn a lot so i can safely say expectation was met.
- What is the weirdest or most interesting thing that happened to you during your internship?
Weirdest/ most interesting experience would have to be the impromptu switch of internship, from my first job to the second.
Lol It was an unexpected change I didn’t see coming at the time.
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
A challenge would be meeting up with some set targets (set by my boss) . It was challenging but interesting.
- How did you manage to secure yourself a job right after your internship?
I walked into the organization, I was there to find out about something else then I decided to ask if they needed nysc corpers because I needed a request letter at the time and they obliged .
- Are there any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
A tip to them would be , while interning , give it your all like it’s a full time job as what is worth doing is worth doing well.