Our intern for this week is Nonso Nwosu, an accountant who is currently interning with African Things Lifestyle and Fashion Limited.
- What school are you in or did you finish from and what did you study?
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) – Accounting.
- What is your job description at African Things Lifestyle and Fashion Limited?
Preparing financial statements, conducting bank reconciliation, payroll, managing inventory, managing parables and receivables, Tax consulting etc
- Why did you decide to take on this internship and what were your expectations?
To further my development in my chosen field by getting hands-on experience in the industry.
- Has the internship met up with your expectations?
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
Nothing really. I’ve had tremendous support, encouragement and training.
- What has been the biggest surprise for you since you started?
How much exposure I have gotten.
- How has the internship changed you or your mindset so far?
It has opened my eyes and broadened my thinking. No more mediocre from me. There’s more and more to learn if you’re willing.
- Tell us about your extracurriculars, what do you love to do in your downtime?
Reading autobiographies of people. They are very inspiring.
- Any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Don’t be afraid to take that first step, no matter how small it seems.