Our intern for this week is Omolara Savage, a content writer and communications personnel who was looking to combine her academic achievements and work experience to take on a challenging role. Thankfully, Stutern obliged her!
- What school are you in or did you finish from and what did you study?
I graduated from Lagos State University where I studied Mass Communication.
- What organization are you currently interning with and what is your job description?
Currently, I am working with Jobberman Limited as a Sales Operations Analyst/ Content Analyst. My job description entails posting of jobs on the site to meet specific job post targets and also creatively rewrite compelling job descriptions posted on the portal, to attract qualified candidates.
- Why did you decide to take on this internship and what were your expectations?
I decided to take on this job because I realized I had a passion for writing and when this opportunity came, I went for it.
My expectations are gaining more experience and knowledge both mentally and socially.
- Has the internship met up with your expectations?
Yes, it has exceeded my expectations. From the moment I applied for this job on Stutern till date, I have had no regrets whatsoever.
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
There are no challenges so far, I try to do whatever duty I am assigned at the right time in order to avoid problems for myself.
- What has been the biggest surprise for you since you started?
Hmmm, I have been surprised in so many ways, from having fun staff to work with, to the awesome Employer- Employee relationship here, it has been great.
- How has the internship changed you or your mindset so far?
The internship has made me realize that I am good enough to do anything thereby making me believe in myself more and more.
- Tell us something interesting or weird about yourself.
Should I call this weird? I am a very calm and quiet person but believe me once I get used to you, my silent switch flips just like that and you’ll be like “who are you and what did you do with Lara”
- Tell us about your extracurriculars, what do you love to do in your downtime?
Oh! I love solving puzzles of any kind especially crossword puzzle. I’m hoping to get a Rubik’s cube soon because I would really love to solve it.
- Any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. This quote always keeps me going each and everyday.