Our intern for this week is Chimdinma Okereke, a graduate of Theatre and Media studies from the University of Calabar. Chimdinma majored in film and broadcasting and is currently interning with Kotivu.
- What is your job description with Kotivu?
I work as an Instructional Designer. I storyboard courses, to help make them more interesting and conversational to learners.
- What were your expectations before taking up this internship and have these expectations been met?
To learn something new and acquire a new skill set totally different from my field of study. This has totally been met.
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
To be seen as someone who can deliver, no matter the time constraint, deadline or emergency of the situation. And that for me is a good thing because that means my boss believes in my capabilities, my worth and knows he can rely on me to deliver! That’s extra training on my improvement!
- What has been the biggest surprise for you since you started?
No surprises yet
- How has the internship changed you or your mindset so far?
This internship has shown me an unscripted play of how the real working world is.
- Are there any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
Nothing is impossible to learn, it all depends on your mindset as long as you believe in yourself first!
- Tell us something interesting or weird about yourself.
Dance-hall beat songs help me work better, so with my ears plugged in at the loudest. I get my most creative ideas!
- If you had to give up food for a month, what would you want as your last meal?
Chicken Burger with a slice of cheese in it, french fries with ketchup and a bottle of room temperature water
- Are you a book lover? Tell us your favorite author and book
Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie
- What title would you give your autobiography?
- Do you love movies? All-time favorite movie(s)?
Me before you
- Are you a music lover? Favorite artiste(s)?
- What song would you love to hear every time you step into a room?
I’m a living breathing walking talking moving miracle by Anthony Brown
- How did you find out about Stutern?
I found out through a friend, Church, he works as Tech support for Stutern