Our intern for this week is Ndubuisi Nnamani, a Chemical Engineering graduate on the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Ndubuisi is currently an Instructional design intern with Kotivu.
- What is your job description with Kotivu?
I design e Learning contents that enable easy learning for learners.
- What were your expectations before taking up this internship and have these expectations been met?
I expected to be in a position to learn beyond my scope; a position where I would gain more skills by constant use of those I had already, and also getting new skills. Those expectations have been met so far, and now, I am burdened with the task of becoming an expert at the new skills I have acquired.
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
Its the research aspect. Every tool needed to be a professional in the e Learning industry. The amount of time I have to put into work and personal development has been most challenging. However, it is so thrilling and exciting.
- What has been the biggest surprise for you since you started?
My boss. His ability to mix humor with Hard work, requiring the highest of standards.
- How has the internship changed you or your mindset so far?
Working as an intern has helped me see gaps in my personal growth, and has given me a platform to bridge those gaps.
- Are there any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
I would like to say that stutern has given me this opportunity to learn and grow in my area of expertise, and that everyone has an equal chance to be in such position also. Every skill needs fine tuning and regular use for mastery to be achieved. Getting an internship through stutern puts you in the right position to do just that.
Okay, this is where we have a little fun
- Tell us something interesting or weird about yourself.
Don’t judge me, but I dislike mangoes; NEVER ate half a mango in my life.
- If you had to give up food for a month, what would you want as your last meal?
Porridge beans and yam/potato/plantain and fish.
- Are you a book lover? Tell us your favourite author and book
Yes I am. My favorite writer is John Maxwell. One of my favorite books: Sometimes you lose, Sometimes you learn.
- What title would you give your autobiography?
There are no lone rangers.
- Do you love movies? All-time favourite movie(s)?
Pirate of the Caribbeans, The Hateful Eight.
- Are you a music lover? Favourite artiste(s)?
Hillsong (I literally LOVE Hillsong)
- What song would you love to hear every time you step into a room?
All I need is you – Hillsong’