Our intern for this week is Prowess Chukkas, a budding writer and Systems Engineering student of the University of Lagos.
- What is your job description with the organization you currently intern with?
I am the web editor and content creator for thepgmclub.com (The Pushing Good Music Club)
- What were your expectations before taking up this internship and have these expectations been met?
I really just expected to write and send a few things but now I get to attend events with prominent people from the entertainment industry without having to pay, be part of a production team and write! so you could say my expectations have been exceeded.
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
It’s been quite challenging writing about real live events and writing about good music as opposed to the fiction writing I am used to. I have been having trouble meeting up to deadlines but I am learning to manage my time now.
- What has been the biggest surprise for you since you started?
I get to meet amazing musicians and I had no idea how influential Douglas Jekan, my boss, actually is!
- How has the internship changed you or your mindset so far?
I don’t think it has changed me much but its still too early to tell but like I said before I am learning how meet with professional deadlines and I am learning how to come out of my comfort zone.
- Are there any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
Expect to work…hard! Make sure to give it your very best!
Okay, this is where we have a little fun
- Tell us something interesting or weird about yourself.
Something weird: I have a rare case of chicken addiction
- If you had to give up food for a month, what would you want as your last meal?
I don’t know if I can give up food but if I had to I guess my last meal would be:
Main dish: Rice and Chinese steak sauce, a huge barbecue chicken, some dynamite shrimps and a huge glass of chapman to wash it down
Desert: Two slices of debonair’s club pizza, a slice of cheesecake and red velvet each and a cup of cold stone’s signature ice cream!
- Are you a book lover? Tell us your favourite author and book
I am book lover and I have many favorite authors but my current favorite is Francine Rivers and her book the Mark of the Lion Series.
- What title would you give your autobiography?
My autobiography: “The little people in my head”
- Do you love movies? All-time favourite movie(s)?
I absolutely love movies. The Fault in our Stars, Hidden Figures, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Adjustment Bureau, the Wedding party, Do you believe, Miracles from heaven, War room. I could go on
- What song would you love to hear every time you step into a room?
Currently, “Gone, Gone, Gone” by Phillip Phillips.