Our intern for this week is a vibrant Computer Science graduate from Babcock University. Meet Olamide Olayemi, who is currently interning with JASS as an Account Management Trainee.
- What is your job description with the organization you currently intern with?
I work as a Social media account manager, also digital marketing and branding
- What were your expectations before taking up this internship and have these expectations been met?
I honestly had a vague idea of what I wanted, but I must say if I did have any expectation, this has met or surpassed it
- What would you refer to as most challenging about your internship?
I must say the most challenging part is having time to do personal runs
- What has been the biggest surprise for you since you started?
I actually do learn (certified courses) as I work. It’s a win-win for me
- How has the internship changed you or your mindset so far?
Absolutely, I want to learn more, and do more for myself, you know be a better version of myself everyday.
Okay, this is where we have a little fun
- Tell us something interesting or weird about yourself.
I’m shy at first, but when I get comfortable around you, I play non-stop
It’s never dull when I’m around ( well, except I’m sick…. or I don’t like you )
I love travelling
Oh yes!!!! I love my sleep
- If you had to give up food for a month, what would you want as your last meal?
woah ! Can’t I have a buffet?
- Are you a book lover? Tell us your favourite author and book
I love me my books, I don’t have a favourite though… Elle magazine at a bistro
- What title would you give your autobiography?
The quintessential woman
- Do you love movies? All-time favourite movie(s)?
OH yes!!! I love romcom , thriller, animation and a couple of seasonal movies
- Do you love TV Shows? Tell us some of your favourites.
I love Tv shows especially reality tv like love and hip-hop
- Are you a music lover? Favourite artiste(s)?
My live for music cuts across every genre
- What song would you love to hear every time you step into a room?
*laughs * it has to be 1 ? Can’t I give you a playlist or something?
- How did you hear about stutern?
The Stutern team came to my school (Babcock) during our career day
- Are there any tips you would love to give to prospective interns?
– Stutern can get you to meet but you’ve got to do the rest yourself.
– It’s okay to turn down jobs you aren’t comfortable with, it only means you know your worth and won’t accept less
– acquire every skill you can it just might be useful
– DO NOT STOP READING!!! (Knowledge is the greatest wealth)